The Home Buying Process
Buying Your Next Houston Home – The Buying Process
Offering Harris County home buyers a wide variety of home buying options, Houston, TX is a beautiful city with many highly sought after amenities and plentiful lifestyle choices. From high rise Downtown condos, townhomes and flats to lavish luxury homes and prestigious estate homes in outstanding neighborhoods like West University Place and The Villages of Memorial, Keller Williams Metropolitan is Houston’s first choice for home buyers.
If you’re in the market to purchase a home in Houston, it is recommended you take a moment to read this article that describes the Houston home buying process. Below are the major milestones of the buying process:
- Do your homework first – including fact finding and research
- Become familiar with the local market – Request the KW Met Current Market Stats
- Get a handle on your finances. Have ample funds for earnest money, closing cost and down payment
- Determine your home buying wants and needs. Make a list of your priorities
- Select a Houston real estate agency and local agent. Schedule a meeting to see you fit with your agent and make sure they are attentive to your needs
- Meet with a lending consultant and become pre-qualified for a loan
- Check out the value of homes in the areas of interest – Remember property values are driven by location
- Search for homes. Once you’ve narrowed your search, select the home that best meets your needs
- Make an offer and submit earnest money
- Negotiate the offer until agreement is reached
- Schedule a home inspection
- Negotiate the results of the inspection
- Remove all contingences
- The final walk through
- Close on the property and take possession – Congratulations!
Removing Any Hint of Stress from the Buying Process
For many Southwest Houston home buyers, the process of buying your ultimate luxury home in Bellaire, Braeswood Place, Galleria, Houston Heights, Hunters Creek Village, Memorial, Meyerland, Missouri City, Oak Forest, Old Braeswood, Southside Place, Sugar Land, Tanglewood, Texas Medical Center, West University Place can be viewed as a stress-filled event. For some, buying a home could potentially be one of your larger investments. Because the buying process is so complex you should have at your disposal a specially trained team of Senior Real Estate Consultants to take the stress out your home buying process! Click or call KW Metropolitan to schedule your initial home buying consultation.